Haris Mavrokefalos, MSc
My motivation to assist people dealing with challenges led me to focus on human behavior by choosing to study Psychology. My core belief is that every person is unique and should be treated with a unique approach based on their strengths and weaknesses.
- Master Degree (MSc) in Clinical Psychology, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Bachelor Degree (BSc) in Psychology, Panteion University of Athens, Greece
- Certified Registered Behavioral Technician
- Annual Training in “Mental Health for Children and Adolescents”, Sismanoglio Hospital, Athens, Greece
- Attendance of conferences to keep my knowledge up-to-date
- Member of the Dutch Psychological Association (NIP)
- Member of the Dutch Association of Professionals working with kids (SKJ).
- Several years of experience dealing with a variety of mental health difficulties, providing psychological support in different settings and organizations. (7 years)
- Psychological Support to individuals dealing with various mental challenges such as schizophrenia and personality disorders at the Greek Institute for regional development and mental health (2 years).
- Mental Health Care to children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and their families at the International Organization “Stichting Reach Holland” in the Hague (5 years).
- Psychological Support at School or Home to children and adolescents with learning difficulties, behavioral problems and mental health difficulties in Leiden and the Hague (6 years)
- “Economic Crisis and Mental Health among Teenagers in Greece”
- “Patients’ perception about their involuntary psychiatric admission”.
I offer therapy in English, Dutch and Greek.