- PhD candidate at the University of Thrace, Department of Social Work. Title: “Preschool children’s and parents’ perceptions regarding screen use in Greece and in the Netherlands: a comparative study”
- Masters Degree (MSc) in “Counselling Psychology in Education, Health and Work”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Following a 4-year Postgraduate Degree under the title “Systemic Psychotherapy”, at the Institute for Systems Therapy and Intervention in individuals, families and larger systems
- Bachelor Degree (BSc) in Education, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. I spent one academic semester at the European University of Cyprus via Erasmus Exchange Program.
- Annual Training in “Special Education”, University of Aegean, Greece
- Registered Educator for Adults at the Center for Lifelong Learning of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Extra Trainings: Systemic Counselling in Education, Parental Divorce Management (University of Athens)
- Attendance of numerous conferences to keep my knowledge up-to-date
- Member of the Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen (NIP)
- Member of the Hellenic Scientific Association for Peer Counselling
- Member of the Scientific Association for the Promotion of Educational Innovation
- Several years of experience providing psychosocial support in a variety of Educational and Mental Health Organizations and NGO’s.
- Psychological Support via one-to-one sessions at the Greek National Center for Social Solidarity (2 years)
- Psycho-social Support via the Greek National Hotline for Social Aid to individuals dealing with difficulties such as depression, anxiety, addiction, family difficulties, relationship difficulties, domestic violence, unemployment, decision making and many more (2 years)
- Psycho-social support via the Greek National Hotline for Children’s Protection (2 years)
- Counselling via messaging using the online platform “Live without Bullying” providing support to teenagers, parents and teachers regarding bullying in Greek. (Family and Child Care center, Athens, Greece. I am still offering my services)
- Organization of Workshops regarding communication and self development (conducted at the Municipality of Marathon in Greece and at schools).
- Workshops for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder at the International Organization “Stichting Reach Holland” in the Hague, Netherlands.
- 10 years experience as a Teacher
My passion for understanding and supporting others led me to conduct a lot of research, some of which has been presented in International conferences and have been published in Scientific Journals:
- Patouna S. & Poulopoulos C. (December 2017). The construction of meaning in Gambling addiction and in Therapy. Exartisis: Scientific Journal on Addiction Issues, vol. 29, pages 62-82.
- Patouna S. & Poulopoulos C. (November 2018) The consequences of Gambling Addiction on Couples, 7th Pan-Hellenic Conference in Counseling Psychology, Volos, Greece
- Patouna S. & Poulopoulos C. (September 2019). Crisis situations and ways of Crisis Management by gamblers and their spouses during gambling addiction. 17th European Federation of Therapeutic Communities Conference “Everything flows”, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Patouna S. & Fragkakis M. (November 2019). Correlations between Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Emotional Regulation, and Parental Self-Efficacy of Parents of Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. 7th Panhellenic Conference for Autism. Athens, Greece
- Patouna, S. & Fragkakis, M. (October 2020). The advantages and disadvantages of distance learning during the COVID-19 period through the experiences of students. 6th International Conference for the Promotion of Educational Innovation. Larissa, Greece.
- Fragkakis M, & Patouna, S. (October 2020). Students’ perceptions regarding the ideal type of education through their experience of in-person and online teaching during the COVID-19 period. 6th International Conference for the Promotion of Educational Innovation. Larissa, Greece.
- Patouna, S. & Poulopoulos,C. (June 2021). The use of screen from children 4-6 years old during the lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Netherlands. 1st Conference of the Association of European Qualitative Researchers in Psychology (EQuiP):
Creating Bridges. Thessaloniki, Greece
- “ARIADNE: Developing and supporting multisectoral police reporting procedures to prevent and respond to domestic violence against women” conducted by the National Center for Social Solidarity
- “Qualitative Approaches on multicultural issues and social justice in Counselling Psychology” by the University of Athens (presented in the 6th Conference for Counseling Psychology, Athens, Greece).
I offer therapy in English and Greek.